MOTION NO.1: TELECOMMUNICATIONS TOWER
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY
Honourable Members of Community Parliament for Senqunyane, Ntšupe and Lehlakaneng Community Councils to move the following motion in relation to the budget of the government of the Kingdom of Lesotho for the financial year 2018/19 on provision of Telecommunications Tower to the following areas at the tenth sitting of the national Community Parliament in Maseru on the 11th 12th October 2017;
|Qacha`s Nek||Ntšupe (Lebakeng)|
That this honourable house urges the honourable minister of Communications, Science and Technology, in line with the
- National Communications Policy which in section 3.2.1 states among others that the government will facilitate the deployment of infrastructure to currently unserved parts of the country; to provide for additional means for non-subscribers to access telecommunications services; and to foster advanced communications networks and increased competition in the sector;
- National Strategic Development Plan 2012/13-2016/17 (5.2.4) which states that the government will promote investment to facilitate installation of advanced communications networks to make voice and data distribution services accessible across the country; and the
- National Vision 2020 (Chapter 2.3.7) which it states that by 2020 the country will boast a well advanced technology.
The honourable members therefore request the minister to include in the submission of his Ministry for budgetary allocations for the financial year 2018/19 for the above mentioned infrastructure; and
- Give account to this honourable National Community Parliament of how much the capital budget for the year 2017/18 for his ministry was; and give an account of the budget performance to date.
In doing this the honourable minister will be honouring the requirements of Sustainable Development Goal 9 which commits all leaders to the development of “Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure” .
MOTION NO. 2: WATER AND SANITATION
MINISTRY OF WATER
The Honourable Member of Community Parliament for Senekane Community Council (D07) will move the following motion in relation to the budget of the government of the Kingdom of Lesotho for the financial year 2018/19 on provision of water to the following areas at the 10th sitting of national Community Parliament in Maseru on the 11th and 12th October, 2017:
|Mohales’ Hoek||Senqunyane (Hloahloeng & Kuebunyane)|
That this honourable house urges the honourable minister of Water, in line with Section 7(1) and (2) and pursuit of Water and Sanitation Policy 2008 which states that “No person shall walk for a distance longer than a football pitch to get water,” the National Strategic Development Plan (Section 5.2.2) which states that, “providing for development of water infrastructure for communities that have no access to water” is a key strategy for national development, and in fulfillment of the Speech from the Throne (2018) where His Majesty gave confidence that His government shall “ensure that every Mosotho has access to water and sanitation in their own places.” to:
- Include in the submission of his Ministry for budgetary allocations for the financial year 2018/19, allocations for provision of water in the mentioned councils; and to
- Give account to this honourable national Community Parliament of how much the capital budget of his ministry for the year 2017/18 was and what the budget performance is currently;
In doing this, the honourable minister will be implementing Sustainable Development Goal No. 6, which commits all leaders to ensure that “clean water and sanitation” are available to their populations…..Read more